【Bosnia-Herzegovina】The Project for Confidence Building through Physical Education of JICA
In Bosnia-Herzegovina, where more than 20 years has lapsed since the end of ethnic conflict that resulted in the loss of approximately 200,000 lives, each of the ethnic groups is still living with separate political, economic, and educational systems. JICA provided support for both school physical education and social sports with the aim of joining the people of Bosnia-Herzegovina by generating confident among the different ethnic groups through sport.
JICA cooperate with the Agency for Pre-Primary, Primary and Secondary Education(APOSO) to support the formulation of a common core curriculum for physical education (i.e., integration of the different curricula of the three main ethnic groups) and was completed in March 2018. Today, JICA is supporting introduction of the curriculum at elementary schools in Mostar. At the same time, the Mostar Sports Association is promoting and supporting citizen sports with the aim of connecting people through the power of sport by holding athletic meets and sport events that promote interaction among youth.
Dzenan Suta : Senior Sport Manager, Mostar Sports Association
- Time Period
- From November 1, 2016 to October 31, 2020（As of October 31,2019 thing)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina, City of Mostar
- Sport/Programme Category
- support the formulation of a common core curriculum for physical education and holding athletic meets and sport events
- Recipient Organisation
- the Agency for Pre-Primary, Primary and Secondary Education（APOSO）、The Cantonal Ministry of Education, Neretva 、Mostar Sports Association
- Embassy of Japan in Bosnia and Herzegovina、NPO-Solidarity of International JUDO Education、Nippon Sport Science University 、Mali Most（Sports foundation in Bosnia & Herzegovina）
- Number of Individual Beneficiaries
- 5770 people