【Uganda】Physical Education Guidance Books for Primary School Teachers
In order to improve the current situation where physical education in the Uganda primary education curriculum is not taught in the field schools, we formulated teaching materials in line with Uganda’s educational goals and the current situation in primary schools. To local teachers, we aim to ensure that physical education is widely recognized and continued in Uganda through workshops.
In this project, the following three activities were carried out for primary school teachers in three prefectures including the capital and teachers of elementary school teacher training schools.
1) Uganda and Japanese primary school teachers collaborate to create physical education instruction materials and lesson plans and distribute them to primary schools in the three target prefectures.
2) A workshop carried out to improve the teaching ability of teachers in physical education by utilizing the created teaching materials and lesson drafts.
3) By supporting the daily lessons of local teachers and observing Japanese primary school physical education, we will enable teachers in the field to carry out and continue physical education with confidence.
See below for the Japanese version.
- Time Period
- From Apr. 2019 to Feb. 2021
- Sport/Programme Category
- Physical Education
- Nippon Sport Science University
- Recipient Organisation
- Instructors of primary school teacher training schools and public primary schools
- Kampala, Wakiso, and Luwero Districts in Uganda
- Number of Individual Beneficiaries
- 2,498 people