【Vietnam】Project for introducing, spreading and promoting the Mizuno Hexathlon Exercise in primary compulsory education
In Vietnam, which is experiencing improved standards of living brought about by rapid economic growth, more than 40% of children are obese according to a report from the WHO. The Education and Training Ministry acknowledges that it is a social challenge to promote understanding of child obesity and appreciation of exercising and participating in sports. The Ministry also considers it essential to improve the quality of physical education.
Mizuno Hexathlon, developed by Mizuno, is a fun exercise programme for children that has already been successfully introduced in some primary schools in Japan. Based on one of their SDGs, “leave no one behind,” Mizuno is conducting a project in Vietnam by introducing Mizuno Hexathlon to public education. The purpose is to spread “the enjoyment and excitement of exercising” to 7.2 million primary school children and achieve “sports SDGs for solving social challenges through the power of sports.” Now that Mizuno Hexathlon is included in the local education guidelines, the company hopes to sign a contract at an early date with a local national textbook company designated by the Vietnam Education and Training Ministry. In the meantime, Mizuno will continue to undertake sports SDGs business as part of its commitment to realizing a sustainable society on a global scale.
Comment by Nguyễn Thị Nghĩa, Deputy Minister of the Vietnamese Education and Training Ministry
- Time Period
- 1st April, 2019～31st March, 2020
- Sport/Programme Category
- MIZUNO Corporation、MIZUNO SPORTS SERVICE Corporation
- Recipient Organisation
- TRONG PTCS THUC NGHIEM public primary school（Hanoi）,Dinh Tien Hoang public primary school（Hai Phong）,Ngo Gia Tu public primary school（Danang）,Le Quy Don public primary school（Ramdon）,Nguen Thai public primary school（ Ho Chi Minh）Total 5、Public primary schools designated by the Vietnam Education and Training Ministry and under the jurisdiction of a national textbook company Total 63
- Ministry of Education and Training of Vietnam, Japanese government agencies, Selfwing Co.,Ltd, Japanese International School
- Number of Individual Beneficiaries
- 13,124 person